Session Beer Day at South Dock
Tuesday, April 7 is Session Beer Day! Celebrate at Dry Dock’s original location South Dock (15120 E Hampden Ave, Aurora, CO 80014) with the tapping of Dry Dock’s brand new Session Rye Ale. Here’s a video of South Dock Head Brewer Tim Evon on its brew day.
Did you know that Session Beer Day is also National Beer Day? April 7 marks the day in 1933 that the Cullen-Harrison Act was enacted. It legalized the sale in the United States of beer with an alcohol content of 3.2% and is celebrated as National Beer Day. Named accordingly, Session Beer Day celebrates beers 4.5% ABV or less.
The Session Beer Project defines session beers as the following:
– 4.5 percent ABV or less
– flavorful enough to be interesting
– balanced enough for multiple pints
– conducive to conversation
– reasonably priced
The Brewers Association predicts that session beers will be a large trend in 2015. Click here for the skinny.
See you on April 7!
- Dry Dock Brewing Company turns 11 years old in ...
- This fall, South Dock brewed the High Line Plum...
- The Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Cent...
- North Dock has teamed up with KIFAC to offer a ...
- Dry Dock Brewing Co. has partnered with Brewery...