Dry Dock Brewing Co. to Release Aurora Ale for Aurora’s 125th Anniversary
2016 marks the city of Aurora’s 125th anniversary!
To celebrate, Dry Dock brewed the Aurora Ale, a Blonde Ale brewed with beet sugar to commemorate our home’s roots as a beet growing region. It’s an approachable, easy-drinking Belgian-style Blonde Ale with smooth noble hop character. Taste this beer on draft and purchase bombers at North Dock on April 28 at 2pm. The Comida food truck will be slinging their famous tacos at this beer release event, as well as a special beet dish made to pair with Aurora Ale.
Celebrate Aurora’s anniversary the following day, April 29, at South Dock at 5pm. Time 4 Dezzerts will be serving beet beer birthday cupcakes for purchase.
After the beer is released at North Dock and South Dock, it will be available in 22-ounce bombers in Colorado liquor stores while supplies last.
MORE ABOUT AURORA ALE
The artwork for Aurora Ale was created in collaboration with the Aurora History Museum, from which the images on the beer label were generously donated. The feature image is a wagon filled with sugar beets circa 1915. Here is a list of the other images used:
Feature Image: Sugar beet harvest on the Maul Farm, c. 1915
- Art display at Colfax and Emporia, c. 1970s
- “Gateway to the Rockies” welcome sign located across Colfax Avenue at Potomac Street, looking west, 1960
- Stanley Aviation manufacturing plant, built in 1954
- Cub Scout Troop 741 presenting Bennington 13 star flag to Dalton Elementary School, 1976
- Del Mar Pool, c. 1966
- Deagle Dairy Farm at 16th and Akron, c. 1900s
- Radar domes at Buckley Air Force Base
- Big John Ale Fire Engine, c. 1955
- Mayor Normal Walker and members of city council at the groundbreaking at the Aurora Hills Golf Course, 1967
- Trolley Trailer no. 610: Built in 1913, it originally ran along Colfax Ave until the last trip to Aurora on October 11, 1932.
- Parks and Recreation Boxing class with instructor Julian Hamilton, c. 1980
For more historic photos of Aurora , visit the exhibit “Worth Discovering: 125 Years of Aurora History” at the Aurora History Museum through July 10. Details can be found at auroramuseum.org.
- Dry Dock Brewing is proud to announce the lates...
- Marketing Coordinator Dry Dock Brewing Company,...
- Dry Dock Brewing is currently seeking a full-ti...
- The much-anticipated release of Dry Dock’s Blig...
- Dry Dock’s brand new Signature Series bee...